10/04/2005

Bizet "Carmen"

I just started working on the excerpt from Carmen. Listen here. After listening to this I decided that I don't need to play nearly as loud. I didn't have my comuter later when I was practicing so I don't have any recordings of that, but it sounds much better since I backed off a little. I'll try to add a clip of that tomorrow. I need my vibrato to sound more controlled. Vibrato has always been a weak spot for me and is something that I have been working on lately. Other than that I think that it is a good start. I still think about the transposition too much (down a half step, my least favorite transposition), which I think comes through when I play. It just doesn't sound sure enough, but I've only really worked on it for a day, so that should go away soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home