2/06/2006

Recording

In a previous post I discussed recording yourself and gave a link to my website with a recording program (Audacity) you could download. I had never actually tried to open the file because it was already on my computer, but I recently realized that it was corrupted. This wouldn't have harmed your computer, it just wouldn't work. I was trying to alleviate some traffic from Audacity's website, but apparently it has to be downloaded directly from their website to work (or I just don't know what I'm doing), so you can get it from them here. If you want the beta version of the more powerful new version get it here (a beta version of a program tends to have bugs that haven't been worked out yet and may not be as stable. Save your work even more often than you would otherwise). Sorry for the inconvenience and have fun recording.

As a side note, if you want much better sound out of your computer setup without spending a lot of money, I just got this usb mixer and it sounds great. Also, they can't advertise their price because it is below the manufacturer's minimum advertised price, but that doesn't stop me. Northern Sound is selling it for $131.00 with free shipping. The advantage of using something like this is that you bypass your computer's sound card which is inevitably awful, you get good EQ controls, multiple inputs, and you may need it in live sound situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home