1/10/2007

Best Of

As opposed to some other types of blogs, the stuff I write here doesn't really get less relevant with the passage of time, yet my older posts are stuck in the oblivion of the archives. I have some old posts that I didn't want to get lost forever, so I decided to find all of what I consider my most helpful posts and put them here in the order that I wrote them for your ease and reading enjoyment. I want to especially draw atention to the Artless Art series. I know it's been a while since I've really updated, but I'll have some new stuff soon.

Sound Production
The Journey
Random Tip
Random Tip 2
High Attacks
Lyrical Playing, part I
Lyrical Playing, part II
Before the Beginning
Follow-through
Performance
Random Tip 3
Artless Art
Artless Art, part II
Artless Art, part III
Expectations
Singing

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, I wonder if you can give me some advice. My 10 year old is in his first year of trumpet at school. I was a trumpeter in high school. I've let school get him started but want to jump in now and especially through the summer, work with him to progress him. Can you suggest lesson books to use? He started at school in September and is really showing potential.

10:55 AM, March 06, 2010  
Blogger Jason said...

Hi Peter,
I would recommend using Dave Hickman's "100 Progressive Lessons for Trumpet", which you can order at http://www.hickmanmusiceditions.com/select2.asp?page=5&selection=36. It's by far the best book I've come across.

I also give webcam lessons if you can't find a teacher near you. I hate to say that school instruction more often than not tends to be detrimental.

3:06 AM, March 08, 2010  
Blogger Jason said...

I don't know why the link doesn't work. You should be able to copy and paste it though.

3:07 AM, March 08, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason. Great "Best Of..." list. I linked to the "Singing" one from my blog because it resonated with things my own teacher keeps telling me. But now the link seems to be broken. Have you moved or deleted the post?

6:37 AM, July 31, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home